Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on: January 21, 2023
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves
major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal,
cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In
addition to ITW's industry leading research and development
capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers' competitive
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities
in North America.
- Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with
sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to
ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while
providing unparalleled value.
Business units include: Elgin, IL; Machesney Park, IL; Elk Grove
Village, Il, Darlington, WI; Bedford Heights, OH; Commercial Sales
and Engineering in Troy, MI.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive
salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help
employees care for themselves, their families, and their
The Supplier Quality Engineer role will support multiple North
American Metal Fasteners manufacturing locations. This position
will be responsible for all facets of quality engineering with a
focus of being a liaison between our plant quality engineers and
supply base as well as corporate initiatives related to
- Development and enforcement of a suppler quality manual
- Development and issue supplier report cards
- Supporting purchasing department on new / existing supplier
- Responsible to request, review, and verify all supplier
- Review, approve and validation of all supplier PPAP's
- Development of supplier strategy in conjunction with sourcing
- Participate in all APQP internally and driving external APQP
- Assist in contract review that includes inspection/approval
criteria, part routings, and process sheets as needed for all
phases of product realization related to supply base
- Identify and drive training needs through the supply base
- Manage all supplier charge back related to supply base
- Report on the performance of the QMS, metrics, and all related
issues during Management Reviews or as appropriate. Recommend
- Maintain supplier Quality Assurance records/certifications such
as ISO Certs, CQI's, CARs
- Conduct and maintain supplier audits, as required by customers
and the company's Quality Management System
- Drive cost improvement, understand supplier process capacities,
lead times, and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the
supply base using Six Sigma, SPC, and lean manufacturing tools
- Support cost saving initiatives driven by Supplier Development
and/or Sourcing Leaders
- Research and develop alternate sources to support manufacturing
and OSP initiatives
- Hold quarterly meetings with suppliers to review overall
- Schedule visits with supplier as necessary (20% travel)
- Additional responsibilities include; maintain diversity spend,
monitor supplier backlog, annual supplier financial review, review
and maintain supplier agreements, and develop/maintain strong
working relationship with key supplier personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing
Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Preferred two (2) to five (5) years relevant experience in
Metals or Automotive.
- Proficiency in ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and OHSAS 18001.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, 365,
SharePoint, OneNote, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Independent and organized work style: ability to effectively
manage time and prioritize workload, adapt to change, and
consistently meet deadlines.
- Must possess good interpersonal, communication (verbal and
written), critical thinking, organizational, statistical, and
strong computer skills.
- Must be able to work closely with customers, suppliers,
manufacturing, managers, and sales.
- Must have ability to motivate, coach, and lead others.
- Must be a team player, pragmatic and results-oriented,
analytical, with strong attention to details
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ITW, Elgin , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!