Representative - Inside Sales (Hybrid)
Company: Wesco Distribution
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This person interacts with existing customers, primarily by phone
and email, to increase sales of the company's products and/or
services by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer
satisfaction and adding value to the customer's buying experience.
Collaborates with outside sales to ensure goals are being met.
Likely owns a book of accounts.
- Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and
enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs
and expected delivery dates.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining
features, and checks customer's buying history.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from
marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written
quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open
items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting
customer's promised delivery date.
- Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated
customer expediting report and notices, and customer
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer
feedback to management
- Requires knowledge and experience in Sales and Sales
Administration; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills,
however fully competent and productive professional contributor
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic
- Bachelors' degree preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and
potentially new accounts.
- Ability to take action and solve a range of problems that may
be difficult, but are not typically complex.
- Identifies and defines problems and possible solutions
independently; chooses among existing solutions.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and
affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE
250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business
distribution, logistics services and supply chain management
solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion,
including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of
Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security
Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs
over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000
suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With
nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and
leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions
to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses,
contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications
providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50
countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global
network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have
the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies,
including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud
computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical
infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical
Keywords: Wesco Distribution, Elgin , Representative - Inside Sales (Hybrid), Sales , Gilberts, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!