Bookstore Sales Associate - Chicago Airports
Company: Hudson Group
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Located at Chicago Airports
WE ARE OFFERING A $300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM!
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30
years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than
1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't
serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter
terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our
greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and
training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the
customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're
fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
* A rate of pay of $15 per hour
* A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
* A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
* Earn a $300 hiring bonus for joining our team!
This Bookstore Associate Job Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
* Reading and sharing your knowledge about books
* Interacting with customers and believe in providing excellent
* Working in a fast paced airport environment
* Working at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Your Team is counting on you as a Bookstore Associate to:
* Provide flexibility to work any shift, any day of the week,
including weekends & holidays
* Work a full-time schedule
Bookstore Associate Key Responsibilities:
* Be able to locate books, suggest similar authors or titles, and
put the book in the customer's hands.
* Shelve and organize books according to operational standards and
promotional priorities ensuring books are placed properly.
* Assist with store recovery and cleanliness including dusting,
sweeping, organizing, and straightening of merchandise.
* Communicate book inventory issues to management in a timely
* Leverages resources, tools, and peer knowledge to enhance
training and knowledge.
* Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
* Follow all Loss Prevention procedures to prevent loss of
merchandise and minimize shrink.
* Be knowledgeable and familiar with the surrounding businesses
within the facility.
* Maintain attendance.
* Ability to interact with diverse personalities and build
relationships with team members and customers.
* Love of reading and talking about books.
* Proficiency in the operation of a cash register and computer
* High degree of interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time as well as
repetitive bending and lifting up to 30 pounds.
* Prior cashiering/cash handling experience required.
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family
* Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
* Universal Life Insurance
* Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
* Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
* Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
* Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified
individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an
inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique
experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including
the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this
position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any
position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, Elgin , Bookstore Sales Associate - Chicago Airports, Sales , Sycamore, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!