Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer Jobs
Company: The Technology & Manufacturing Association
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer Jobs - Elgin,
Illinois (IL)Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer - Job
Description Weiler Engineering, Inc. is seeking an Electrical
Controls Engineering / PLC Programmer to join our team in Elgin,
IL. Weiler Engineering, Inc., is America's leading provider of
aseptic custom packaging for the pharmaceutical and healthcare
applications since 1959. Weiler Engineering focus is to provide the
most advanced aseptic liquid processing technology through
customized ASEP-TECH - Blow/Fill/Seal machinery and integrated
services. Visit our website at www.weilerengineering.com .
Summary/Objective The Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer
will program, test, and maintain large-scale electrical/ electronic
equipment and machinery for use in automated manufacturing. Job
Duties and Responsibilities Duties include programming the
manufacturing process for electrical equipment, using PLC
programming software to produce and troubleshoot PLC programs. An
understanding of electrical troubleshooting techniques and common
network protocols is required. Siemens PLC is preferred.
- Review specifications and standard practices inclusive of the
internal hardwire and logic standards, general specifications and
scope of work;
- Review projects including job specifications and resolve any
quote to job specification differences.
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard
designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of
operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch
layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic
and the design of Smart displays;
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Will be responsible for the programming, installation and
technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- System Architecture including non-standard material and control
panel power requirements/distribution.
- Will be responsible for the installation and technical support
of PLC based hardware and software.
- Debugging with no additional support. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 5-10 years preferred experience as a Siemens programmer.
- Background in a Manufacturing environment and capital equipment
- Demonstrated ability to program motion control systems
- Electrical drawing software familiarity
- Ability to assemble and trouble shoot electro-mechanical
- Pharmaceutical processing knowledge, a plus
- Proficiency in Solid works Electrical, a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PLC (Preferred Siemens) and HMI
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Solid works (electrical a
Keywords: The Technology & Manufacturing Association, Elgin , Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer Jobs, Professions , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!