MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I - 1ST SHIFT
Company: True Value
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Maintenance Mechanic I installs, repairs, and maintains
machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and
Scheduled Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 6am - 2:30am
Starting Pay: $25.00 to $32.00 per hour *** based on experience and
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as
1. Performs Change Over and Set Up of production lines.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs factory equipment. Observes mechanical
devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes
of trouble. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove
3. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
requirements. Repairs or replaces defective parts. Lubricates and
4. Conducts preventive equipment maintenance as needed to include
maintaining an orderly work area.
5. Follows all prescribed safety practices and follows all safety
practices and regulations for LOCK-OUT / TAG-OUT.
6. Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in Manufacturing or similar
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Licenses & Certifications: Forklift Certification preferred.
- Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting,
Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting,
Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking.
- Must have ability to work with consumer based chemicals, paints
- Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver
body while in place. Must be able to stand the majority of the day,
walk up to 5 miles a day, bend, reach, twist and lift.
- Normal physical strength to handle and/or move objects up to 75
pounds, taking frequency into consideration.
- The work is typically active and physical in nature and requires
normal accessibility to all work sites required of the position.
The position may require extended hours, nights, weekends, and
- The position is typically working in areas where air conditioning
is unavailable and may be exposed to chemicals that are routinely
present in the Company's paint manufacturing facility.
Keywords: True Value, Elgin , MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I - 1ST SHIFT, Professions , Cary, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!