Posted on: January 23, 2023
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, youre provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family take care of your career
and your community!Meijer Rewards
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growthPlease
review the job profile below and apply today!This position will be
responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing
customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and
a friendly attitude. This entry level team member position will be
exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer
service and merchandising..Join a community. Build a career.We are
searching for a new member of the Meijer family! As we grow, were
seeking an entry-level team member to join us as a General
Merchandise Clerk who is able to complete a variety of retail tasks
related to product, customer service, pricing, inventory, and
merchandising. You will also collaborate with other team members
and managers on additional tasks as needed. Are you a people
person? Do you want to have a positive impact on your community? If
so, we hope you will join us!What will you be doing?
- You will build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye
contact and body language.
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you arent
able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team
member who can.
- Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- This position is applicable to the following departments:
Health and Beauty Care, Hardlines, Fashion/Softlines, Pets,
Hardware, Card and Party, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral.What skills
will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an
organized and efficient way.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.Meijer
starts with me.It's not just a brand name, its a family name.
Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934,
Meijer treats our Team Members like theyre a part of our family. We
want to see them happy, growing, and successful. Thats why our Team
Members say, "Meijer starts with me. Sound like the place for you?
Join us.Who are we a good fit for?We love working with talented
people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a
collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family
culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job thats
more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in
your community.We opened our doors more than 85 years ago with the
goal of helping people provide for themselves and their family.
Today were a multi-billion dollar retailer with more than 70,000
employees across six states. Our Midwest geography includes
corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, plus manufacturing
facilities, distribution centers and over 240 stores across
Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Wisconsin.Meijer is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive
workplace. We are committed to treating all persons with dignity
and respect. Meijer's policy is to not discriminate because of any
applicant or team member's race, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy,
religion, age, physical or mental disability, uniformed service or
veteran status, or any other lawfully-protected classification. If
you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to
complete any part of your application, please click here to submit
your request . Submissions that are not seeking help to complete
the application due to a disability will not be responded to.
Keywords: Meijer, Elgin , Truck Unloader, Professions , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!