Material Handler - 2nd Shift Shipping
Company: Nidec Corporation
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are
our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our
passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and
products that were only dreams become reality.All for dreams.
Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the
challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's
first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue
our part in creating a better society.Job SummaryNidec is the
world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything
that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global
enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a
leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors,
appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full
line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water
treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for
commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling
towers and large refrigeration units.From keeping us comfortable in
our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe,
electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At
Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor
technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the
impact of motors will only increase.With over 140,000 employees
stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization,
and each location maintains its individual personality.Job
DescriptionObjectiveA Material Handler carefully counts, and
verifies identity and quantity of all materials processed and makes
sure that all materials are stored in the correct locations. When
needed, this position also maintains inventory accuracy.Essential
- Moves raw material parts in and out of system. (QAD, Eagle,
- Counts, verifies identity and quantity of all materials pulled
with high accuracy.
- Ensure materials are stored in the correct locations.
- Performs cycle counts of parts in selected locations as a
method of maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Notifies Group Leader of any part shortages or part
- Performs some basic data entry, utilizing the MRP computer
- Operates weigh scales, hydraulic pallet jacks and drives
- Involves operator awareness of related uses or functions of the
material worked on.
- Inspects materials and completed work for correctness and
- Responsible for proper material component identification.
- Determines corrective measures necessary to make product
- Completes daily records and complete forms and charts of
quality and work performed.
- Maintains clean and organized work areas at all times.
- Completes daily area clean up at the end of shift.
- Participates in cross-training activities with other related
positions and may substitute at any assembly work station within
- Provides 3Q6S (housekeeping activities) during material
- Returns all equipment, materials supplies to their designated
'resting place' when not in use.Experience: 1+ yearEducation: High
School or EquivalentCertifications: N/AKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with inventory accuracy and control methods.
- Knowledge of material handling and inventory control processes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Automotive industry experience, a plus.
- Prior experience in the following: Warehouse Equipment
(Fork-Lifts sit down, standup/reach, cherry picker), RF scanner
- QAD/Eagle ERP systems experience a plusScope of Supervision:
N/ATravel Required: NegligiblePhysical Demand (Special
Considerations): While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is consistently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and
hear. The employee may be required to lift up to fifty (50)
pounds.This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s)
incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow
any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments.This position description has excluded
the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of essential job duties. All duties and
responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and
are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully,
the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, competencies and
abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements
listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities.Additional Job DetailsEqual Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action at NidecNidec is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to their age,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic
information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights
as an applicant, please visit the following website:
SolicitingNidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual
recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec
job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit
unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.
Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required
before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate
must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.
Keywords: Nidec Corporation, Elgin , Material Handler - 2nd Shift Shipping, Professions , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!