Company: Sterling Engineering
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Production Manager Location: Sycamore, IL
Duration and hire type: Direct Hire Overview:Sterling Engineering /
Staffing is currently looking for a Production Manager located in
the Sycamore, IL area. Sterling has a rich history of delivering
top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with
over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000
corporations. Job Description: The Production Manager directs and
coordinates all process activities and personnel within
manufacturing operations to safely deliver quality products on time
to our customers. This position will partner with other functional
areas, customers, and suppliers to align plant activities with
established business objectives for product/customer requirements.
- Leads and directs 3 shift operation including manufacturing
team of supervisors, leads, and production personnel to efficiently
meet production goals.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety policies/protocols
and promote a safety focused culture.
- Drives improvements to Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
Compiles, analyzes, and reviews production and operating reports
and drives resolution to operational, manufacturing, and
maintenance challenges to ensure minimum costs and prevent
- Responsible for developing and maintaining workforce staffing
plans which align with S&OP forecasts.
- Must provide leadership over all LEAN /Operational Excellence
initiatives for value streams / processes under areas of positional
responsibility. Collaborate with additional plant leadership on
other plant related initiatives as applicable.
- Direct, train, and monitor activity within the team, insuring
compliance with all appropriate procedures and policies for that
functional group. Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or operations
management / information systems is preferred. Advanced coursework
or study in leadership and supervising within a manufacturing
environment are also preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing
environment, with at least 5 of those years managing
- Prior P&L experience desired as this position will be
measured by its ability to improve profitability of product value
streams and the overall business units it directly supports.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Elgin , Production Manager, Professions , Sycamore, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!