Molding Team Lead (Multiple Shifts)
Company: Hoffer Plastics
Location: South Elgin
Posted on: June 23, 2022
MOLDING TEAM LEAD
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the
molding plant and all its employees on the shift. The Molding
Foreman is responsible for the overall efficiency of plant
operation and quality of the parts produced on their shift.
Additional responsibilities include training, mentoring, and
maintaining a neat and orderly work area in accordance with 5S
standards, and adhering to safety policies.
- Supervision of plant operations on their assigned
- Maintain the efficient use of resources including personnel,
machines, materials, and auxiliary equipment.
- Enforce all Company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Conduct performance appraisals, recommend transfers,
promotions, pay increases when appropriate.
- Work with Human Resources for all disciplinary actions,
employee complaints, or discharges.
- Plan production runs based on scheduling demands and assign
workloads to employees based on skill sets.
- Perform mold, set up, and color changes to meet production
- Set molding process parameters to ensure part quality.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with
quality inspectors to identify defects.
- Troubleshoot process, machine, and auxiliary equipment problems
to reduce downtime, scrap, and internal rejects at an advanced
- Ensure accurate reporting of production data including
inventory transactions, scrap, and daily production.
- Suggest changes to the Plant Manager on ways to improve
efficiency, quality, and safety on the shift.
- Responsible for training of shift employees to ensure
competency in all positions and at all levels.
- Champion safety during the shift through training and
enforcement of policies.
- Direct 5S and housekeeping efforts in the Plant to maintain
cleanliness and order.
- This job description does not contain every
function/responsibility that may be required for the performance of
this job. All team members are required to perform other related
duties/functions as assigned.
All team members shall:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with
- Customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow job specific knowledge and use tools to
identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
- High School graduate or G.E.D. preferred.
- 5 years of experience with injection molding processes, machine
- 1 years supervisor/team lead experience.
- Setup and trouble shooting skills required and advanced
processing knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to read/write English and work from verbal and
- Mechanical aptitude, math proficiency and prior experience with
power and hand tools.
- PC skills to include MS Office, IQMS ERP experience
- Leadership, time management and problem-solving
Keywords: Hoffer Plastics, Elgin , Molding Team Lead (Multiple Shifts), Professions , South Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!