Data & BI Analyst I
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Branch Development division at Edward Jones hires,
trains, supports, and develops the branch team to deliver the ideal
client experience. As the key connection between branches and the
home office, you'll play a vital role in driving positive results
in the core profit center of the firm and in gaining critical
insights that shape our business.Branch Team Market Optimization
(BTMO) is an area within Branch Development that enables branch
teams to start, build and transition professional practices that
enable individual investors to work toward realizing their life
dreams for them and their families. Branch Team Market Optimization
delivers this by assisting with branch team talent attraction,
selection and onboarding, client transition experience and branch
real estate strategy.The Data & BI Analyst will be responsible for
delivering analytics to inform and monitor BTMO strategies. The
- Maintain a working knowledge of division results & key
divisional business drivers, as well as an understanding of key
strategies & priorities of their division, to be able to apply
business knowledge to analytic approach to address business
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of data sets available
to the analyst.
- Extract, cleanse and transform data to support the needs of the
- Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and
outputs against known sources and understanding of business.Data
- Define business and data requirements for analytic
deliverables, and serve as liaison with IDM process.Analysis:
- Understand and apply basic descriptive statistical
- Provide actionable insights to support business decisions,
primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and
scenario analysis, economic modeling and data visualization to
identify patterns/trends/insights etc. on predefined
problems.Storytelling & Communication:
- Generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive story that
clearly addresses business questions.
- Effectively communicate tailored messages regarding analytic
ideas, approach, key takeaways and actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Develop and manage business relationships with project team
members and leaders across the organization.
- Consult with business owners to understand the business
problem. Collaborate with others to identify the appropriate
analytic approach to solve the problem.
- Support KPI and benchmark development.Operational Efficiency:
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to
processes and controls related to areas of responsibility.BI
- Interact with BI Tools to answer questions, build basic
visulizations and reports.
- Ability to test and maintain BI products developed and follow
BI governance process and procedures.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required with an emphasis in business,
economics, math, engineering or analytics preferred (or relevant
work experience).Functional/Technical Qualifications:
- Experience interacting with database and file storage systems
(Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL).
- Ability to use tools to access and transform data.
- Some knowledge of statistical concepts and analytic techniques,
including descriptive statistics, economic modeling, exploratory
analysis, and variance analysis required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables,
formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs.
- Ability to use visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or
- Strong analytical, critical and systems thinking required.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $66379 - $109459
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Data & BI Analyst I, Professions , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!