Electrician - Maintenance Dept
Company: COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC.
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Since 1963, compact Industries has been the leading contract
manufacturer of dry food products to the Fortune 500 companies that
market the national brands you know and love. Compact Industries
partners with its customer in the Custom Blending & Contract
Packaging, Retail, Food service, Office Coffee Service & Vending
maker segments to deliver quality food products with 216,000 square
feet of manufacturing and warehouse space. Compact Industries
offers total rewards package, including attractive benefits,
retirement saving programs, and tuition assistance. Work with an
established team of long-term employees. Apply with us today to
become a part of our growing team!Benefits: Medical, Vision,
Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness
Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.Maintenance
ElectricianMaintenance and Repair
- Evaluate and repair mechanical and or electrical problems on
- Rebuild, replace, or repair major components, assemblies, and
- Inspect and repair/replace bearings, gears, pulleys, belts,
- Check and repair electrical systems: Electrical troubleshooting
experience is required.
- VFDs, SSRs, Contactors
- Installation of low voltage power
- Aiding others in maintaining high voltage electrical systems,
- PLC & HMI experience a plus, but not required
- Basic Wiring Skills (conduit bending, wire pulling, etc.)
- Perform routine maintenance and preventive care.
- Maintain accurate, updated preventive maintenance records.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform
- Ensure shop, equipment, and tools are in safe operating
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any
conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to
perform repairs and service.
- Three or more years of troubleshooting electronics and
electrical circuits experience.
- A working knowledge of electronics and electrical theory.
- Possess an ability to develop, calculate and read electrical
- Broad experience in the electric trade including the
installation, testing, inspection, maintenance and repair of
electrical distribution, control, and transmission equipment (Three
Phase 480, 220, and 110 volts and programmable controls.
- High school diploma min, college a plus.
- NFPA 70e training a plus.
- Forklift & Scissor lift experience required.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to pass drug test/background check.
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, and walk during the
- Physically able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Able to work independently.
- Willingness to train others when called upon. COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Intermediate knowledge required in the use of a personal
- Intermediate knowledge required in the use of Word, Excel, and
Power Point programs.
- Maintenance tracking software is a plus.
- PLC Allen Bradley is a plus.
- Efficiency Tracking software is a plus.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work well with vendors on installations / trouble shooting,
orders parts and other services.
- On call 24 hours a day to assist with problems.
- Ability to multitask and work according to extreme
- Handle confidential information appropriately.
- Spanish is a plus. PM18 PI177166342
Keywords: COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC., Elgin , Electrician - Maintenance Dept, Professions , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!