Portfolio Consultant, Investment Advisory
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
- Partner with financial advisors in all aspects of the Advisory
Solutions custom portfolio construction process, offering insights
and practical strategies around asset allocation, tax minimization,
portfolio structure and optimal investment allocations across
multiple client accounts.
- Independently develop and implement the personalized portfolio
solutions and tailored goals-based advice valued by clients, in
alignment with firm advice and guidance, based on their objectives,
risk profile, time horizon and preferences.
- Provide advanced expert level case management directly to
financial advisors in order to effectively implement Model changes,
portfolio objective adjustments, Investment Policy Committee asset
allocation changes and/or manager strategy removals.
- Lead and/or meaningfully contribute to strategic initiatives
within the IA Advice Team, across the Investment Advisory
department, and firm-wide that improve our ability to serve clients
and support the firm's mission.
- Serve as a deep Investment Advisory subject matter expert when
representing the firm's Advisory Solutions fee-based discretionary
programs directly to high-net-worth clients in collaboration with
our Client Consultation Group (CCG).
- Support financial advisors in developing client presentations
by clearly communicating recommendation rationale, key
considerations and client outcomes associated with client
- Deliver presentations at client events, seminars and web
- Have a deep understanding of Advisory industry trends and the
competitive environment, and be able to apply this knowledge when
serving the needs of financial advisors and clients.
- Mentor and train newer associates.Education and Certification
- Bachelor degree required. Finance background and/or advanced
- Series 7 and 66 FINRA licenses are required to be obtained
within six months of hire.
- Completion of CFA designation, including relevant work
experience criteria.Minimum Experience
- 7+ years of Advisory or Financial Services industry experience.
Background in asset allocation advice and guidance, portfolio
construction, investment analysis and/or investment management
strongly preferred.Functional Knowledge
- Advanced technical aptitude, analytical and critical thinking
- Expansive knowledge of economic, statistical and investment
- Deep expert level understanding of Firm's Advisory Solutions
fee-based discretionary programs.
- Highly collaborative.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation delivery
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Portfolio Consultant, Investment Advisory, Professions , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!