Company: COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC.
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 11, 2022
To create, evaluate and provide samples to meet customer
requirements- internal and external. To ensure that the customer
gets their samples on time.
- Check emails. Receive instructions from Managers and Food
Scientist about changes in existing formulas or create new
- Evaluate any expired material, batches on hold, new ingredients
- Prepare samples according to preparation procedure. Call
Manager and Food Scientist to evaluate sample and control. Follow
instructions for next steps.
- Retrieve ingredients from warehouse if needed while following
- Weight ingredients according to the formula and mix them.
Weight the formula; get density, brix, screen analysis, and any
other analytical data. Evaluate before sending to
- Pack and ship according to customer's instructions. Enter
information in correspond file. Keep accurate data log.
- Keep laboratory clean and organized, including washing dishes,
cleaning counters and cabinets.
- Evaluate samples with R&D team and identify differences to
help with product development and hold batches.
- Make an inventory of supplies (spoons, plastic cups, bags,
beakers, etc.). Notify Manager and Food Scientist if more supplies
- Make an inventory of ingredients needed in lab, replace expired
ones. Send list of ingredients taken from warehouse to inventory
group to make the proper adjustments in Syspro.
- Keep R&D file folders organized.
- Assist in completing finished good specifications.
- Make up R&D standards for first commercialization runs.
- Keep a retain of each sample sent to customer. Make space for
future retains by discarding old retains.
- Make a list of all new ingredients received from suppliers and
keep them in numbered boxes for easy retrieval.
- Keep R & D cage clean and Organized.
- Maintain the R&D outside area by keeping items organized
and clean. Discard all expired samples.
- Review R&D procedures and forms with the R&D
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift on average of 20 lbs.
- 30% of the day standing or walking.
- May be required to work odd hours as necessary for plant trial
and/or Q.A./plant support.
- Proficient in word, excel, email
- Bag sealer, mixer, K-Cup sealer, scale, cappuccino
- Multitasking, organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in R&D Laboratory and production facility
Keywords: COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC., Elgin , R&D Technician, Professions , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!