Strategic Pricing Analyst
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Position Summary:We're looking for a motivated, creative, and
data loving Pricing Analyst responsible for both operational and
analytical pricing functions, to join our team. This position will
balance their time supporting initiatives aimed at running the
business, and changing the business. Taking a customer-centric
approach, they will work closely with Product Management and Sales
Management teams to create, maintain and evolve pricing strategies
that achieve profitable business.
- Extract data for analysis and predictive modeling from both
internal and external provided sources, partnering with other
departments to comprehend the base assumptions of the underlying
- Conduct profitability analysis of book of business and
recommend pricing actions based on segment performance.
- Analyze under-performing pricing arrangements to identify the
drivers and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Analyzing large sets of data to determine cost drivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate the data-driven thought
process and justification behind completed projects to internal
teams and senior management.
- Ability to present to senior managers in a concise and accurate
manner to allow them to make fast decisions
- Explore and analyze customer provided data, giving actionable
insights and identify business opportunities.
- Develops pricing models, based on customer and product
segmentations including profitability and freight factors.
- Financial modeling of expectant volume gains and margin impact
of strategy change.
- Manages the quotation process from initial request to business
- Implements, maintains and monitors pricing in ERP system.
- Prepares analyses, reports, charts, and graphs on a monthly
basis, as well as ad hoc reports.
- DProposes solutions to meet organizational pricing and
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the competition.
- Creates new-item pricing, ensuring compatibility with current
lines, profit margins, and market competitiveness.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in economics, finance,
mathematics, or related field, with 3 years of experience in the
field or in a related area, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication
- A certain degree of creativity, problem solving skills, and
latitude is expected.
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and
- Able to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Capable of planning and managing goal attainment.
- Aptitude in mathematics and mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with IFS and Salesforce extremely beneficial.
Keywords: Revcor, Elgin , Strategic Pricing Analyst, Professions , Carpentersville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!