Material Handlers - 1st Shift
Company: Federal Signal Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Load/Unload trucks and document transaction in accordance with
* Perform cycle counts in accordance with established
* Pull orders/components and deliver to appropriate areas.
* Empty chip and scrap buckets into correct receptacle.
* Perform forklift audit and preventative maintenance.
* Move material to appropriate areas throughout the plant and
document in accordance with established procedures.
* Assist welder/operators with lifting and moving materials.
* Support area with damage free skids and pans.
* Investigate and resolve identified problems with orders.
* Use appropriate software system to verify status of
* Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
* Must be able to pass Fork Lift Certification process
* Possess basic computer operating and data entry skills with
knowledge of shipping software.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal
Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including:
annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision),
paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions
and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a
smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Sold and serviced through a network of more than 100 dealer
locations worldwide, Elgin Sweeper products are the sweepers of
choice for a variety of general street maintenance, special
industrial and airport applications. With more than 100 years of
experience, Elgin Sweeper offers municipalities, contractors and
industries the most sweeper options in the country, using the
latest sweeping technologies-mechanical, pure vacuum, regenerative
air, alternative fuel and waterless dust control. Elgin Sweeper is
a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation's Environmental
Solutions Group. For more information, visit
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and
services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal
Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products
and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial
and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with
manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two
groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems.
For more information on Federal Signal, visit:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a
protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic,
or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable
accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at
630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted
Keywords: Federal Signal Corporation, Elgin , Material Handlers - 1st Shift, Professions , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!