Manufacturing Group Leader
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
* Key member of the manufacturing operations team, reporting directly to the value stream (operations) manager or shift foreman.
* Quickly establish yourself as a leader on the factory floor.
* Ability to problem solve and become a key resource for the shop floor assembly team.
* Ability to lead the team to maximize output over multiple manufacturing production lines.
* Ability to lead the team to achieve its key goals related to safety and housekeeping, people, quality, productivity (delivery & cost), ISO and inventory control.
* Communicate with previous and oncoming shift team leads each day to discuss any open issues and help coordinate a smooth shift transition.
* Willingness to work overtime to support business ramps. This may include more than 8 hrs during a normal workday and/or weekend/holiday work.
* Help execute on direction provided by factory leadership.
* Be a champion for 5S, Kaizen and lean programs for the value stream.
* Ability to be engaged and accountable.
* Prior experience leading manufacturing teams of at least 20 people.
* Leadership/tenacity/self-starter/show initiative, high energy level; strong sense of urgency.
* Goal oriented; do things in a well-orchestrated way.
* Good time management & organizational skills & good judgment.
* Very detail oriented; hands-on.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a technical, multi-disciplined team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work on individual assignments of varying degrees of ambiguity.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) are essential.
* Solid computer skills. Experience with production control systems. Experience with Microsoft Excel including formulas; preferably pivot tables and vlookups.
* Good understanding of Lean techniques: specifically, 5S & Kaizen.
* Experience with ISO or similar regulatory systems.
* Ability to work with factory leaders as well as shop floor manufacturing associates.
* Minimum 2 years experience as a manufacturing floor leader, preferably from at least two companies.
A fast-paced, dynamic environment manufacturing world-class communications equipment and solutions for public safety customers around the world.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Motorola, Elgin , Manufacturing Group Leader, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!