Machine Operator I - 1st Shift
Company: John B Sanfilippo & Son
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Title: Machine Operator I
Reports to Job Title: Production Supervisor
Fair Labor Standards Act Status (FLSA): Exempt Non-Exempt X
Summary of the Position:
The machine operator I operates and maintains one simple machine or
one machine line and ensures it is running efficiently with minimum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up machine-loading and monitors to ensure it is running
- Follows work order, quality controls and sanitation procedures
concerning weights, packs, descriptions, dates UPC's, cleanup and
- Performs quality control and material waste checks. (10%)
- Directs/instructs machine line personnel in specific job
- Performs pre-operational checks. (5%)
- Maintains and exceeds production, quality and safety standards.
- Loads product into hopper. (5%)
- Cleans machine properly after production runs or changeovers.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area. (5%)
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently
maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing
practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP, SQF, and
- Aware and accountable for maintaining and documenting
preventative controls necessary to ensure food safety and
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and
quality issues to management.
- Responsible for partnering with others, sharing knowledge,
skills and information within assigned team and across functional
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional
competencies, as well as professional and leadership
Does this position have supervisory responsibility? Yes X No
- Prior manufacturing work experience is a plus
- Prior industrial truck experience a plus.
- Prior machine operator experience a plus.
- Capable of following verbal and written directions.
- Good manual dexterity, vision and mobility
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to speak and read in English
- Mechanical ability
JBSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a
protected veteran. Associated topics: criteria, qa tech, quality,
quality assurance, quality check, quality control, quality
control/quality assurance, quality manager, requalification,
Keywords: John B Sanfilippo & Son, Elgin , Machine Operator I - 1st Shift, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!