Apprenticeship & Compliance Coordinator
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Hours between 8 am and 5 pm to be determined at hire
Rate of Pay:
This position is a grade 13 with a minimum of $20.84 and mid-point of $27.79. Hourly rate offer will be commensurate with the education/experience, in alignment with the College's compensation philosophy, and the current CBA, if applicable.
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty managing and further developing the ICAPS and apprenticeship programs, providing guidance and assistance for students and establishing employer relationships. Work involves the ability to follow through, track and accurately document student enrollment data and performance indicators for grant reporting. General supervision is received from the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree in business, education, organizational development, or a related field and two years of related experience working with adult students and/or unemployed clients at the post-secondary level; or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Working skill in professional interactions to be applied to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
3. Working skill in presenting information in a group setting or workshop.
4. Working skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to operate a personal computer and various software packages.
5. Working skill in documenting student services in the appropriate electronic system.
6. Considerable skill in verbal and written communication.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Master's degree in business, education, organizational development or related field.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English speaking ability.
3. Some knowledge of crisis intervention.
4. Some knowledge working with and sustaining grants in a community college.
1. Manage ICAPS and apprenticeship course and program development in collaboration with the director, CTE deans and faculty. Coordinate with instructional coordinators and deans to develop each new ICAPS pathways. Foster employer partner relationships to sustain ICAPS and expand apprenticeship programming.
2.Maintain student enrollment data and performance indicators required for reporting. Provide data summaries/audits of ICAPS and apprenticeship pathways and report progress regularly to stakeholders.
3. Liaise between apprenticeship employers and student cohorts providing input to discussion on student progress and any barriers that need to be addressed regarding progress. Provide input to deans and faculty in planning and executing new ICAPS pathways and apprenticeship programming.
4. Prepare and conduct internal and external presentations, including marketing coordination to promote programming for ICAPS and new apprenticeships.
1. Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 05/18/2022. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 05/25/2022 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Apprenticeship & Compliance Coordinator, Other , Elgin, Illinois
here to apply!