Upward Bound Coordinator III
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage
of their educational journeys, including university transfer
programs, career and technical education, continuing education
classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride
ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every
person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus
visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to
the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a
positive environment through professional challenges, excellent
benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Schedule TBD, Minimum Mondays thru Thursdays, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Rate of Pay:
This position is a grade 14 with a minimum of $49,575 and mid-point
of $66,100. Salary offer will be commensurate with the
education/experience, in alignment with the College's compensation
philosophy, and the current CBA, if applicable.
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate
difficulty implementing academic programs for Upward Bound
participants; coordinating selection and monitoring the
participants' academic progress. Work is distinguished by the
ability to advise and counsel participants regarding academic
requirements, standings and financial aid. General supervision is
received from the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university;
with two years experience in education and/or human services or an
equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Skill in developing and maintaining positive and professional
relationships with internal and external customers
- Working skill in written and verbal communication
- Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable
software, and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting
to new and updated programs and technology.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Masters degree.
- Good knowledge of community college counseling best
- Coordinate educational support services (academic, financial,
personal, social / cultural, and career related assistance) for
eligible participants, ensuring participants receive all necessary
information to succeed, while maintaining compliance with
regulations of funding agencies and the U.S. Department of
- Provide advice and counsel for Upward Bound participants
regarding program academic requirements, standings, financial aid,
- Assist with in-service activities and assessments for high need
students, e.g., arrange for tutoring assistance and computer lab
- Coordinate personal growth opportunities (cultural, social, and
personal) for students, and develop participants' IEPs.
- Provide assistance to Upward Bound management in evaluation of
- Assist management with writing and submission of grant
- Collect and maintain accurate participant data; run routine
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres
to applicable privacy laws
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse
populations within the workplace
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to
effectively provide back-up and/or support for co-workers during
times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an
increased volume of work.
12. Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to
the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes
days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g., computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 11/21/2022. Elgin
Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that
apply by 11/30/2022 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will
receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate
discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity,
age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by
applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions,
employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or
activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure
equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment
practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer.
Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Upward Bound Coordinator III, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!