Testing Assistant III
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage
of their educational journeys, including university transfer
programs, career and technical education, continuing education
classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride
ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every
person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus
visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to
the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a
positive environment through professional challenges, excellent
benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of
Rate of Pay:
This position is a grade 10 with a minimum of $13.92 and a
mid-point of 18.56. Hourly rate offer will be commensurate with the
education/experience, in alignment with the College's compensation
philosophy, and the current CBA, if applicable
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate
difficulty by providing proctoring of tests to students. Work is
distinguished by the ability to provide support to students during
testing, maintaining appropriate records and performing clerical
duties for the department. Immediate supervision is received from
the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or equivalent combination of education and/or
2. Two years customer service experience.
3. Some knowledge of Microsoft Office software, i.e., Word, Excel
4. Working skills in customer service.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Previous work experience in an educational environment.
1. Administer and proctor a variety of tests, including, but not
limited to, makeup tests, placement, proficiency, GED, CLEP tests,
ESL tests, and certification tests
2. Assist and resolve testing problems for students.
3. Monitor students behavior during testing and ensure test
integrity as outlined by the testing instructions.
4. Maintain testing documentation and materials, and complete data
entry while keeping records confidential and testing materials
5. Explain test results to students and communicate next steps.
6. Serve as proctor, as needed, in group testing situations and at
assigned locations that may be off the main campus.
7. Maintain a quiet and secure testing environment.
8. Maintain and enforce policies and practices of Testing
9. Perform general clerical work for the department; (answer phones
and student inquiries, file paperwork, etc.).
10. Maintain department resources.
11. Maintain the Testing Center for daily use.
12. Complete duties while maintaining attention to detail.
13. Effectively communicate with people in difficult situations and
escalate the issue when appropriate.
1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to
the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes
days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 01/18/2023. Elgin
Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that
apply by 01/25/2023 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will
receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate
discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity,
age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by
applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions,
employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or
activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure
equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment
practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer.
Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Testing Assistant III, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!