Lead Teacher (YMCA Elgin-*NOT YWCA)
Company: YWCA Chicago
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Do you love kids? Are you looking for an opportunity to work
with children? Do you have a need to give back to the
We are assisting our Headstart Partner Organization-YMCA in Elgin.
We are working he finding great candidates.
Do you love kids? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with
children? Do you have a need to give back to the community?
Golden Corridor Family YMCA is currently hiring Lead Head Start
Teachers for its Taylor Family branch in Elgin, IL. Join a
forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission
to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for
Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our
mission to provide programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and
body for all!
* Design and implement daily lesson/activity plans
* Supervise children, classroom, and all activities, ensuring
safety of all
* Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each
* Conduct in parent conferences and maintain positive relationships
and effective communication with parents
* Maintain program site and equipment. Report all needs/problems to
maintenance and the Director
* Maintain required program records and paperwork.
* Attend and participate in program activities, staff meetings, and
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in child development or early childhood
education required. Equivalent in related coursework will be
* Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials required.
* Will accept a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the
requirements for a CDA credential
* Will accept individuals enrolled in a program that will lead to
an associate or baccalaureate degree or are enrolled in a CDA
credential program to be completed within two years of the time of
* Minimum of 1 year related child care, classroom based experience
* Previous experience working with children in a development
* Ability to plan, organize, and implement
age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
* Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people
from different backgrounds with coworkers, parents, and
The Y: We're for Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Taylor Family Branch-Elgin
Pay: $17.00- $20.00 per hour
All interested applicants can send their resumes to:
Tina Loayza-Head Start Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.gcfymca.org
(Golden Corrider Family YMCA-Taylor Branch).
Please email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html,
or .ascii format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a
cover letter, please include it in the body of your email
Keywords: YWCA Chicago, Elgin , Lead Teacher (YMCA Elgin-*NOT YWCA), Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!