Company: Aperion Care Elgin
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Aperion Care Elgin - SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this job
position is to assist in the planning, implementation, and
evaluation of recreational, social, intellectual, emotional and
spiritual programs, in accordance with the resident's assessment
and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing &
evaluating the activity programs & quality assurance program in
this facility for the Activities Department. Observe resident
attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that the
facility activities & resident progress are evaluated, by noting,
reporting and charting resident behavior. Assume the authority,
responsibility & accountability of Activity Assistant/Aide. Ensure
that all charted activity progress notes are informative and
descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident's
response to the service.
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with other
departments within the facility to assure that daily activities can
be performed without interruption. Create & maintain an atmosphere
of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a
calm environment throughout the facility.
- Assist in preparing activity rooms/areas for scheduled activity
programs. Recommend to your supervisor the equipment and supply
needs of the activity department.
- Assist in cleaning up activity areas after completing activity
- Follow the care plan in providing daily activities for
- Purchase department supplies, clothing and personal items for
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information & follow facility guidelines
in reporting non-compliance with said guidelines & treat residents
with dignity at all times.
- Oversee residents engaged in scheduled activities to promote
the physical, social, and mental well-being of residents by
applying experience in activities and knowledge of diagnoses and
conditions of residents.
- Assists in-room residents by visiting with them, writing
letters, running errands, and perform assistance with crafts,
projects, etc., as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- Experience in Long Term Care Activities Department is
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition & enthusiasm, as
well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity
level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the
- Must be able to push, pull move and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Aperion Care Elgin, Elgin , Activity Aide, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!