Strategic Sourcing Group Intern - Summer 2023
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Founded in 1912, ITW is a fortune 250, global industrial company
centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model. The
companys seven industry leading segments leverage the ITW Business
Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and
returns in markets where highly innovative, customer focused
solutions are required. ITWs 50,000+ dedicated colleagues around
the world thrive in our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture.Some
ITW Divisions and Products you may have heard of:
- Hi-Cone: Packaging systems for beer and soft drinks
- ITW Deltar: Capless refueling system, which created a new
standard in auto manufacturing.
- Rain-X: Windshield Wipers, Glass Cleaners, Car Washes, etc.Key
tasks may include:
- Develop basic understanding of assigned commodities: current
market conditions, key cost drivers, global supply base, and
industry terminology, as it relates to creating competitive
purchasing programs for ITW companies.
- Conduct broad market research to identify world class suppliers
for the different commodities to be sourced.
- Identify sourcing opportunities to drive savings and cost
avoidance via spend analysis, stakeholder interviews, and market
- Quantify the benefits of sourcing initiatives including the
expected savings and baseline spend.
- Influencing key stakeholders on strategy initiatives.
- Partner across the organization to improve financial results
related to sourcing activities.
- Utilize project management skills to create timeline, set
milestones, measure progress, and report findings to team.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team that includes members
from other Corporate ITW teams such as Spend Management and Trade
- Rising Junior or Senior year in college student pursuing degree
in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Engineering. Minimum
GPA 3.0. Recent graduates also considered.
- Strong MS Excel skills, including V-lookup, H-lookup and
indexing functions, pivot tables and graphs. Proficient in
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work on
- Resourceful and able to work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to cleanse large sets of data
(identifying mistakes in address field assignments, etc.).
- Present your accomplishments, lessons learned, and insights in
briefings to Strategic Sourcing leaders.
- This internship is approximately 40 hours per week for 12
weeks, with flexible start and end dates within the range of
May-September.*ITW is not currently hiring individuals for this
position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment visa statusIllinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW or the Company)
is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local laws.If you are a qualified individual with a disability and
are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online
application system process due to your disability, please email
email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests
will be acknowledged.ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value
our colleagues unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and
create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and
perform to their full potential. As an equal employment opportunity
employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair
treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and
continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship. _All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. _ITW is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ITW, Elgin , Strategic Sourcing Group Intern - Summer 2023, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!