Customer Experience Coordinator
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage
of their educational journeys, including university transfer
programs, career and technical education, continuing education
classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride
ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every
person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus
visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to
the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a
positive environment through professional challenges, excellent
benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Flexibly scheduled with regular weekly hours in addition to some
night and weekend hours to work events
Rate of Pay:
This position is a grade 13 with a minimum of $20.84 and mid-point
of $27.79. Hourly rate offer will be commensurate with the
education/experience, in alignment with the College's compensation
philosophy, and the current CBA, if applicable.
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate
difficulty by collaborating with the Manager of Marketing and
Patron Services to plan and execute strategies to drive consumer
action, broaden and deepen relationships with ECC Arts Center
customers while increasing patron participation and sales. Work is
distinguished by the ability to measure patron satisfaction and
Arts Center marketing initiatives that effectively drive consumer
action through evaluation of programs, social media, traditional
media, impact and sales. General supervision is received by the
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Marketing, Communications, The
Arts or a related field from four-year college or university, with
a minimum of 2 years of work experience in marketing,
communications or a related field or equivalent combination of
training and experience
- Considerable skill in using and creating content for business
social media pages or accounts such as: Facebook, Twitter, blogs or
other social media.
- Considerable skills using social media for businesses,
sales/reporting software, and/or box office software.
- Considerable skills in providing exemplary customer
- Considerable skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite,
including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and
- Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established
deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Considerable skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied
to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and
- Considerable skills in verbal and written
- Considerable skill in operating a personal computer, applicable
software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting
to new and updated programs and technology.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including
evenings and weekends when required by the department's needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working skills in event management
- Assist the Marketing and Patron Services Manager in the
integration of and content creation for social media platforms to
regularly engage patrons and drive consumer response for the Arts
- Exercise creativity to design, build and staff activities in
coordination with Arts Center events to improve the experience,
satisfaction, loyalty and retention of patrons.
- Coordinate these activities on evenings and weekends as
- Conduct/coordinate research on patron demographics and public
perception of Arts Center marketing and programs to improve
customer retention, consumer response and improve/increase
participation by patrons.
- Create and ensure accurate reports to provide the desired
information from the ticketing database, college financial systems;
and from survey and data gathering efforts to effectively target
- Utilize the Arts Center's specialized box office software to
conduct sales, create reports, and analyze marketing campaign
- Participate in departmental and institutional initiatives as
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres
to applicable privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse
populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to
effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during
times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an
increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and
- Perform other duties as assigned which pertain to the job
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes
days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 11/01/2021. Elgin
Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College
Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 11/08/2021 and meet the
posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate
discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity,
age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by
applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions,
employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or
activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure
equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment
practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer.
Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Customer Experience Coordinator, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!