Surety Associate Underwriter - Knoxville TN
Company: Westfield Group, Insurance
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Surety Associate Underwriter
Locations Available: Knoxville, TN / St. Charles, IL / Wichita, KS
/ Atlanta, GA
Youre ready to make your mark where people care about each other.
Where your work is meaningful. And where your unique perspectives
are welcome. Think about joining Westfield, a company focused on
whats most important - the people behind our bonds.
Work, Pay, and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary PLUS 5% Annual Bonus
- Full Benefits package including: 18 days of PTO, Dual
Retirement Plan, Health Insurance Coverage
- Start Date: Late May 2023 or early June 2023
Are you looking to put your financial analysis skills to work? We
are looking for outgoing candidates interested in using their
strong financial and communication skills to start their career
path in Surety.
As a Surety Associate Underwriter, you will work closely with both
mentors and peers as you complete our Contract Surety Training
program. The program will help you build a foundation for selecting
risks that have profit potential as well as developing and
maintaining relationships with our independent agency partners who
provide us opportunities to write business. The underwriting
process requires evaluating businesses by reviewing industry,
business, and governmental data, then deciding whether to accept or
decline the risk. A large part of that decision involves meeting
with a businesss management team to gauge the organizations
business plans and capabilities as well as understanding and
interpreting financial trends and forecasted results. Recent or
upcoming (December of 2022 or May of 2023) college graduates as
well as those with up to 2-3 years of post-college work experience
are encouraged to apply for our opening.
Job Specifications / Experience / Certification / Education
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university. GPA
of 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, economics and/or marketing
obtained through college coursework or work experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and
time management skills.
- Business-related degree with a strong aptitude in accounting
and/or financial analysis.
- Relevant internship experience.
- Engagement in activities that demonstrate leadership
- Ability to operate various types of computer equipment and
- Ability to communicate via the telephone.
- Ability to travel, as required, potentially both inter and
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to relocate if deemed necessary by the business
This job description describes the general nature and level of work
performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may
be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as
needed by management.
Westfield cares about relationships. We pay attention to the
details, and embrace what each employee brings to the mix. If you
are talented in your profession but also care about people -
whether youre just starting out or have decades of experience - we
want to talk with you. Learn more about current opportunities at
We are an equal opportunity
Keywords: Westfield Group, Insurance, Elgin , Surety Associate Underwriter - Knoxville TN, Other , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!