Senior Web Engineer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
The Mobile Center of Excellence (MCoE) at Edward Jones is looking
for talented mobile engineers to join our growing team. Our vision
is to serve as stewards and guide adoption of mobile capabilities
across the full lifecycle of mobile application initiatives within
Edward Jones by Advising, Guiding, Enabling and Partnering with our
product areas on mobile deliveries. You will be working closely
with its engineers in development and infrastructure. The role will
be cross-functional, as the MCOE is a shared service group, so you
must be comfortable communicating with teams outside your
department. What You'll Do:
- Working with web & mobile based product teams, designers, and
teammates within the mobile center of excellence.
- A unique opportunity to help create modern standards and
guidelines for driving legacy based web apps towards mobile
- Moving between web projects and mobile projects (on both iOS
and Android), depending on the needs of the moment.
- Working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ownership and responsibility for the design and performance of
web applications running on mobile devices.
- Adaptable, creative thinkers who enjoy working collaboratively
and love learning new skills.
- Experience with InTune specifically, or other comparable
- Deep knowledge and understanding of modern web
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using web
development best practices
- Integrate data from various back-end web services and
- Work with stakeholders, designers to gather and refine
specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility of new features
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends and
apply them to operations and activities What Experience You'll
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer, ideally with
some experience working on web applications or APIs.
- Debugging web browsers in the Microsoft InTune MDM
- A background in computer science, engineering, or another
related field (or equivalent industry experience).
- Web development fundamentals, including HTML, CSS, and
- Experience working on web apps within the iOS and Android
- A combination of frontend, backend/API, and iOS and Android
- Proficiency in debugging web applications in mobile emulators
and on physical devices. What Sets You Apart
- Experience debugging applications on Microsoft Edge
- You have created mobile optimization standards for web
- Experience using web views inside a native mobile
- Experience with Perfecto is a plus
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Senior Web Engineer, Other , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!