Posted on: August 6, 2022
Company: US1292 Buckhead Meat Midwest Inc.-Illinois DivisionZip
Code:60140Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1 YearEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage:JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for
general custodial care of the facility and sanitation activities of
the warehouse under general supervision. Performs all duties
safely, accurately, and meets all set productivity
- Perform all custodial duties throughout the entire facility
which includes dusting, sweeping, washing, wiping, scrubbing,
shoveling, and mopping. Often required to climb ladders to perform
- Maintain sanitary conditions in the facility to include
collection and disposal of all warehouse and facility trash or
debris daily and clean up all spills.
- Clean cooler and cooler floor sweeps and mops coolers, dry
warehouse, all aisles, and the equipment mezzanine including slot
- Scrub floors in aisle areas of the dry warehouse, cooler areas,
- Preserve floor care using power equipment in assigned
- Maintain parking lots and front sidewalks every week or as
needed to maintain appearance.
- Remove trash or other property damaging elements (i.e., nails
- Complete daily sanitation log to provide documentation for the
planning and evaluation of sanitation activities.
- Perform tasks supporting the stretch wrap and cardboard
recycling program including transportation of materials to the
balers, bailing, and tying of the materials, and placing tied bales
onto pallets for shipment.
- Dust and vacuum warehouse racks.
- Remove any cobwebs from the warehouse area on an ongoing basis
to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Clean any/all restrooms when needed to maintain sanitary
conditions. This includes the cleaning of urinals, toilets, sinks,
counters and countertops, mirrors, sweeping and mopping of floors,
and restocking paper dispensers.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize
warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work
areas and travel aisles.
- Maintain the accuracy of warehouse product locations when
performing slot cleaning.
- Report to the supervisor immediately any unfixable/unsafe
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to reduce accidents and
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment such as
forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner to reduce
accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that material handling equipment is maintained
(inspected daily) and clean, report repair or service needs to
supervisor to reduce equipment damage.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e., attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate
- Complies with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations,
and policies (i.e., OSHA, HACCP, AIB, etc.). QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-year warehouse related experience and/or training.Requirement
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision and have
strong attention to details. Language Skills
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Read and write simple correspondence.
- Speak effectively with co-workers and in small group settings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form,
and the ability to deal with standardized situations with
occasional variables. Physical Demand The working conditions and
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or
the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an
accommodation is needed.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Usually required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, talk and hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift
and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move
51 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those associate encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job.
- This is a full-time position.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule
which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or
weekends, and some holidays.
- Work hours may vary, or change based on departmental
- The job is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.
- Regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or
other mechanical equipment.
- Frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high,
precarious places, vehicle emissions, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outside weather conditions, and high voltage electrical equipment
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please
visit https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Elgin , Sanitation Associate, Other , Hampshire, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!