Student Accounts Assistant IV
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage
of their educational journeys, including university transfer
programs, career and technical education, continuing education
classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride
ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every
person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus
visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to
the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a
positive environment through professional challenges, excellent
benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Varies: 2 late days of 10:15-7:15 and 7:45-4:45 the other 3
Rate of Pay:
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate
difficulty by processing and collecting all monies due to the
institution. Work is distinguished by the ability to process
invoices, refunds and resolve issues in student account balances.
General supervision is received by the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with a
minimum of 2 years of cash handling experience or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Working skills in the use of a ten-digit adding machine.
- Working skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite,
including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and
- Working skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines
while maintaining attention to detail.
- Working skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a
variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and
- Working skills in verbal and written communication.
- Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable
software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting
to new and updated programs and technology.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including
evenings and weekends when required by the department's needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Accept and process all forms of tuition payments and fees,
including cash, checks and credit card payments from internal and
external customers. Balance deposit with system on a daily
- Analyze student account balances and research various issues.
Answer questions about balances, payments, charges, etc. Notify
students of due dates. Resolve issues or refer to supervisor as
- Answer phones. Assist students in setting up online payment
- Assist with letters to students to inform them of tuition
- Audit and mail refund checks; remove restrictions on student
accounts, if necessary.
- Balance all monies on a weekly basis and report any
discrepancies to management.
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres
to applicable privacy laws
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse
populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to
effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during
times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an
increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and
- Maintain office inventory. Order supplies as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to
the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes
days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 07/18/2022. Elgin
Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College
Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 07/26/2022 and meet the
posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access
Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our
Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to
applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need
reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and
hiring process, please notify the Human resources Department.
Determination on request for reasonable accommodations will be made
on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Student Accounts Assistant IV, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!