Restorative Aide **$10,000 Sign-on Bonus **
Company: Aperion Care Elgin
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Aperion Care Elgin - SUMMARY: The Restorative Aide is to
coordinate, implement, and provide restorative nursing care for all
patients in the facility under the direction of the Nursing
department and in conjunction with Rehabilitation, to maximize and
maintain the physical functioning and emotional wellness of all the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees, directs and participates in restorative programs
initiated for individual patients.
- Communicates on a frequent and ongoing basis with the Director
of Nursing and Rehabilitation Nurse concerning goal setting and
approaches to individual patients needs.
- Assumes direct responsibilities for facilitating the transition
of each patient from skilled rehab services to the restorative
progressive and preventative programs.
- Attends rehab rounds and communicates to appropriate staff the
status of all patients with regard to rehab/restorative
- Maintains restorative nursing progress/documentation records on
all patients participating in any restorative program.
- Visits with each patient daily and/or as needed to assure that
the program is appropriate and productive.
- Trains primary care givers in restorative techniques and
assists in providing care.
- Monitors all customers with ROM and T&P orders to insure
compliance of the order.
- Instructs and assists primary care givers with the application
of splints, braces, prosthetic appliances, and self-help devices to
assure proper application and usage.
- Directs and participates in all programs under the restorative
- Visits all new admissions to identify restorative needs and
communicates those needs to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in communicating with families concerning patients
progress in care planning conferences or on a one-on-one basis with
the family and the customer.
- Remains familiar and proficient with using wheelchairs,
walkers, canes, lifts, scales and other equipment used in the
restorative programs and is able to instructs others in their
- Puts patient care first and ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- The incumbent must be a registered Certified Nursing Assistant
(CNA) by the State.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the
- Must be able to push, pull move and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Aperion Care Elgin, Elgin , Restorative Aide **$10,000 Sign-on Bonus **, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!