Production Worker - Now Hiring
Company: Sysco - Buckhead Meat of Illinois
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures,
and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and
quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our
Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Performs other warehouse duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervision,
management and co-workers.
- Must be able to observe and to communicate those observations
verbally and in written form to others responsible for the
equipment operation and maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
preferred; six months previous forklift experience required . Reach
truck experience preferred. Material handling equipment experience
preferred. Crown and/or Raymond reach truck experience a plus.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence, and memos. Must have ability to read and
write simple correspondence. Must have ability to speak effectively
in one-on-one and in a small group situations and to respond to
questions from managers, associates, and peers.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification on material handling equipment is required, or
the ability to become certified.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her
supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes
that an accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools, or controls. The associate is frequently required to stand,
walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The associate
is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or sit. The associate must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in a
warehouse/operations environment. While performing the duties of
this job, the associate is frequently exposed to fast moving
material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment, extreme
cold or heat in freezer/cooler warehouse environments including
temperature of zero degrees. The associate is regularly exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions, contained toxic or caustic chemicals,
low voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in
the work environment usually is loud.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the
ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work
(days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work
hours may vary or change based on customer order, departmental or
- The position does not require travel.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to
describe the principal functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.Required
Keywords: Sysco - Buckhead Meat of Illinois, Elgin , Production Worker - Now Hiring, Other , Carpentersville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!