Maintenance Team Leader
Location: South Elgin
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Now hiring!ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging
company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative
packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and
award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are
guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our
success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement and
Impact.The safety and health of our team is our top priority.
ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective
equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work
environment for you.What ProAmpac has to offer:
- Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare
- 11 paid company holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) with 2 additional personal days
- Paid Vacation & Sick/Personal time
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness program -- living a healthy lifestyle can get you a
discount on your health insurance premiums AND other
- Tuition ReimbursementEqual Opportunity Employer
SUMMARY:Responsible for ensuring all maintenance related functions
for all machinery and the facility are maintained in a manner that
ensures production objectives are effectively met.Responsible for
facilitating an environment and culture focused on safety and
continuous improvement; which will reflect the commitment to
working towards a world class injury free
- Support an environment of Honesty, Candidness & Transparency,
Teamwork (no hidden agendas), Accountability: Do What You Say and
Goal Driven: Fact Based Decisions.
- Comply with all Safety, Operational and Employment policies and
- Follow quality requirements to meet or exceed
- Readily identifies potential problems, using effective
mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Work cooperatively with process leads and machine operators to
discuss machine problems and identify potential solutions.
- Manage Preventative and Predictive Maintenance system and
records for production and facility equipment.
- Maintain maintenance work order system and parts inventory
- Determine operability of equipment and takes equipment off line
as a result of maintenance or safety issues as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with management, production
and scheduling in regard to equipment status.
- Responsible for safety and adherence to company policies for
all maintenance contractors working on-site.
- Provide work direction to all maintenance contractors working
- Ensure the safe set up and operation of machine tools such as
bench grinder, drill press, lathe and milling machine to repair or
fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Direct maintenance staff efforts on all equipment including
Preventive and Predictive Maintenance, repairs, modifications and
building and grounds maintenance activities such as repairs to the
physical structure, building utilities, and landscaping and lawn
- Assess maintenance staff performance and helps direct continual
improvement and new skill acquisition.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production
schedules. Confers w/production lead to ensure maintenance coverage
of all planned production shifts.
- Ensure that appropriate quality systems assignment such as
Preventive Maintenance and calibration are accomplished.
- Participate in on-going training opportunities and supports a
continuous quality improvement environment.
- Ensure subordinates are trained and competent to comply with
product quality and food safety requirements
- Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekends and
holiday emergency service.
- Day-to-day compliance with quality, food safety and
- Manage hazardous waste
- Resolve food safety concerns
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment is
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop individuals and
- Trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical
schematics to troubleshoot and repair equipment problemsRequired
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Elgin , Maintenance Team Leader, Other , South Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!