Senior Training Specialist
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Client Strategies Group (CSG) at Edward Jones is
focused on developing a profound understanding of prospective and
current clients' needs, in order to create an unparalleled
experience. Leveraging these critical insights, we implement
tailored solutions and enhance our products in ways that enable
clients to achieve their financial goals.
Using deep subject matter expertise in financial markets and
products, the Senior Solutions Training Specialist is responsible
for leading the firm's training strategy that will provide
financial advisors and the branch team with the knowledge and
skills to build and sustain a successful business. Working in this
collaborative and fast-paced environment, they will need to possess
deep financial services industry knowledge in one of the following
topics - Fee-based platforms, the Financial Planning Process or
Portfolio Construction. You will be challenged to bring fresh
perspectives that allow us to continually exceed client
expectations in an ever-evolving landscape, present issues clearly
with a recommended solution and communicate the training needs to
business leaders and key stakeholders.
The Solutions Training Specialist must be able to work
independently and collaboratively in order to achieve project and
learning goals, bringing their extensive expertise to bear in
making influential and impactful decisions that affect firm
learning and training. Traveling to in person training classes will
be required, these occur several times per year.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Implement and ensure the effectiveness of the CSG contributions
to FA, BOA and RBA training programs, in alignment with firm advice
and guidance and in the context of a sound learning strategy.
- Leads the strategy, development and delivery of face-to-face,
virtual, on-line and other modes of training to branch teams and
home office associates on fee-based platform topics within the
context of applying Comprehensive Goals-Based Advice, client needs,
product knowledge and firm advice.
- Lead the firm's efforts to evolve training from product based
to Comprehensive Goals-Based Advice and further to Human Centered
Complete Wealth Management.
- Lead initiatives and or teams cross departmentally,
divisionally and in the field to meet client needs and deepen
- Lead, support and participate in collaborating with and
leveraging key internal relationships, departments, and divisions,
to meet branch team and client needs.
- Is a subject matter expert in area of emphasis, potentially
other areas, Edward Jones business model, philosophies and
- Provides feedback, coaching, training and guidance to other
associates; shares knowledge to help develop others. May take a
leadership role in the development of Interns, RDPs, new associates
and Solutions Specialists I and II.
- Influences and guides stakeholders as to effective learning
strategy, including training, communication and performance
- Uncovers issues and suggests and implements changes to
procedures, processes and plans to increase operational efficiency
- Actively contributes to the strategy of the department, area
and division and can articulate and advocate for that work.
- Actively keeps abreast of the changing financial services
landscape and recommends appropriate training that addresses any
potential risks to the firm.We are open to hiring a Senior Level or
a Level II Specialist and work to promote you to a Senior role in
the future. If you meet half, but not all of the requirements,
please apply to the role.
Consider applying if you have technical expertise in any of the
- Expertise in fee-based platforms such as Investment Advisory
plans, both discretionary and broker advised platforms
- Expertise in conducting the financial planning process in an
appointment setting; comfortable with concepts such as discovery,
goal setting and reviewing ongoing progress toward goals.
Familiarity with financial planning tools and analyses.
- Expertise in asset allocation and portfolio construction
principles using core products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds,
ETFs and banking products following firm advice and guidance
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Generally 7 years of experience in fee-based investments
related to the financial industry.
- Presentation or Trainer experience preferred. This position
will present regularly to groups of up to 200 across all modalities
(web-ex, in-person, etc.).
- Ability to deliver training across multiple modalities
(Face-to-face, virtual, online) and across all production levels of
- Series 7, Series 66 licenses required or must be obtained
within 12 months of hire.
- Able to apply knowledge of Edward Jones business model,
philosophies and values.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and
advanced project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
including the ability to interact with general partners and other
leaders of the firm.
- Broad understanding of Edward Jones structure and the support
provided by the home office.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Senior Training Specialist, Other , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!