Set Up Operator - Davenport
Posted on: May 12, 2022
NOW HIRING - SET UP MACHINIST
Operate Davenport machines to produce manufactured product that
meets quality requirements.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The ability to monitor the Davenport machines
- Must be able to interpret shop drawings.
- Must learn and understand the proper use of various precision
- Learn and perform all record keeping responsibilities, such as
attribute & SPC charting, lot splits and job card/scanner input,
and Suspect sheets.
- Understands how to document and move materials to the next
- Understands what is required to meet specifications of a
- Responsible for the daily lubrication, cleaning out machines
and chip removal of assigned machines.
- Must learn to select proper materials, make adjustments, select
proper tools, and do minor machine maintenance.
- Minor problem solving and ability to work with supervisor,
engineering, maintenance and various other departments.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned area.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her
- Ability to monitor and maintain other machines as business
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Reliability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions, exhibits sound and
accurate judgment, demonstrates persistence and overcomes
Initiative - Volunteers readily, asks for and offers help when
Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts
well under pressure, and treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to
improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve
performance, monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely
Safety - Observes safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe
conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality Inspection Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Driv-Lok, Elgin , Set Up Operator - Davenport, Other , Sycamore, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!