Senior Design Thinking Researcher
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Senior Design Researcher
The Senior Design Researcher leads strategic design and execution
of user-centered research that provides actionable insights which
influence design and development of associate, branch team and
client experiences (including service design, systems, tools and
- Autonomously lead research planning and design for
multidisciplinary teams of associates and leaders in pursuit of
discovery and innovation in enterprise and divisional efforts.
- Recommends creative research approaches to uncover user needs
and insights that help business areas within the firm solve novel
and complex problems for the enterprise.
- Leads the execution and synthesis of user research that is
action-oriented and supports the entire design thinking process,
including clear problem statement definition, initial discovery
work, pressure-testing ideas and prototypes with users as well as
test and learn methodologies.
- Effectively communicates insights, both written and verbal, and
influences business partner's decision making by providing thought
leadership on how insights impact desired business/project
- Lead the effort to leverage and synthesize existing insights
and information quickly within the firm, both qualitative and
quantitative, into a cohesive story that helps the team move
forward and supports the desired business outcomes.
- Demonstrate agility in ambiguous and complex circumstances to
achieve the desired outcome.
- Exercises strong critical thinking and sound judgment while
independently making decisions within their own efforts,
considering the range of potential options.
- Actively advocate the principles of process improvement, design
thinking, data analysis, and change management to a wide variety of
audiences to gain the buy-in and understanding needed to drive
transformational change across the enterprise.
- Excellent in managing detailed project tasks, resources, and
coordinating the efforts of internal and external parties necessary
to see successful project completion including external research
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Design Thinking experience preferred.
- 5+ years of UX / design research / client insights
- Skilled in both qualitative and quantitative user experience
- Skilled in critical thinking, process improvement,
relationship-building and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent ability to communicated in written and verbal
- Able to expertly research, analyze and consolidate data into
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain strong relationships
across departments, business areas and vendors.
- Presents ideas, thoughts and information persuasively; seen as
credible and trustworthy.
- Some travel required.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Senior Design Thinking Researcher, Other , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!