Manufacturing Machine Operator
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an
integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing
industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at
our Cary, IL facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with
comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging
solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning
innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our
work by four core values that are the basis for our success:
Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has
taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and
sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment
ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
* Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare
* Premium pay built into your shift schedule
* 11 paid company holidays
* 401k with company match
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
* Company-provided life insurance
* Disability insurance
The Pouch Operator functions under the direct supervision of the
Shift Lead. This position is responsible for the operation of the
pouch machine to meet production schedules, and maintain compliance
to company and customer quality standards, and policies in the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensure that the pouching machinery is working properly and
* Set-up, run, change over, and clean-up of the pouch machine
according to procedures, and within established production
* Accurately complete all required paperwork, reports, and quality
records associated with pouch operations.
* Communicate with the oncoming shift all relevant information to
insure an efficient shift change.
* Track departmental supplies, and notify manufacturing supervisor
when supplies are needed.
* Perform other assignments as required by ProAmpac management.
* Comply with all ProAmpac Safety, Quality, Operational and
Employment policies and practices.
* Remove from operation any machine deemed unsafe and immediately
* Adhere to all Quality principles as outlined in our Quality
System to ensure efficient production of a quality product on a day
to day basis.
* Operate in a manner that will reduce waste and optimize usable
* Halt manufacturing processes and immediately notifying management
of any safety, material, equipment or technical
* Participate with co-workers and supervisors in addressing problem
areas, planning methods and operating procedures.
* Identify and record quality related problems, initiate action to
prevent nonconformance, and recommend solutions.
* Control the further processing of materials until any deficiency
* Day-to day compliance with quality, food safety and prerequisite
* Daily cleanup of equipment.
* Report food safety concerns.
To perform this job successfully employee must be able to
demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and
interpersonal skills; problem-solving skills; ability to work
accurately, to meet deadlines; ability to work well independently
and as part of a team; ability to exercise flexibility, initiative,
good judgment and discretion.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work history
* Basic computer skills
* Must be able to read Standard/Metric measuring tape
* Must be able to perform basic mathematic calculations of
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include the ability to identify and
distinguish colors. Close vision, distance vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee is occasionally exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from
chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise
levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing
area during summer months.
No165 Chicago Street, Cary, Illinois 60013Third Shift
Keywords: ProAmpac, Elgin , Manufacturing Machine Operator, Other , Cary, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!