Company: Werner Co
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Key Responsibilities (Essential Job
- Operate welder to produce parts/product
- Set up welder, make necessary adjustments, and replace spool of
welding wire and tips as necessary
- Obtain designated parts from basket, stack all, skid, or
- Place completed products on conveyor lines, or to the floor,
basket, or stack all as designated
- Perform visual and periodic measurement inspections of
parts/products to maintain conformance with quality standards,
using prints as the guide
- Report to supervisor or Maintenance any mechanical problems
with the welder
- Record production output on daily reports, including part/model
number and quantities
- Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and
- Monitor the parts used and the parts required for production,
and notify supervisor of material requirements and shortages
- Operate grinder to remove excess burrs, welding wire, etc. as
Experience & Education:
- Six to twelve months experience
- Basic knowledge of welding processes and techniques, welding
symbols, and blueprint reading.
- Written and verbal instructions, blueprints, and work
Special Physical Requirements:
- Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, fingering,
feeling, talking, hearing, far and near activity, depth perception,
- Parts must be obtained from storage. The average weight for
parts carried is between 40-50 lbs. (maximum 75 lbs
- Functions are normally performed in a space within 1 to 300
feet of work area.
Specific / Specialized Job Functions
not covered under essential:
- Wire feed welder, tape measure, and hand tools used.
- Forklift License if designated as operator.
This should not be considered a complete list of all job
responsibilities relating to this position. Changes can be made by
management at any time.
Keywords: Werner Co, Elgin , Welder, Other , Huntley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!