After Hours Registered Nurse (RN)
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Would you like a vacation every other week and a career
that allows you to be home with family and have free time during
the day? Come join us as an After-Hours Registered Nurse
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that
provides care and support to families living with serious illness.
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare
has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community
partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults
and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the
Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and
palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice
- it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits
The After-Hours Registered Nurse (RN) provides patients, families,
and caregivers assistance by answering questions, resolving
concerns, and facilitating smooth access to care outside of normal
business hours by making all types of visits to assess and manage
symptoms. The After-Hours Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for
reporting symptom calls and interventions to the appropriate
Choose a shift that works best for your lifestyle
(Shift options based on availability and
Evening Shift - 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Overnight - 12:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
7 days on 7 days off - 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Service Area(s) - Elgin, DeKalb, St.
Keyword: Response Registered Nurse
Requirements for After Hours Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse Preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience, preferably in an
acute care, home health, or hospice setting
- Ability and flexibility to drive throughout entire JourneyCare
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement with minimal
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a
calming, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality, which
includes but is not limited to information about patients/families,
volunteers, employees, donors, and Agency processes
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, e-mail),
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations,
Keywords: JourneyCare, Elgin , After Hours Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!