Diesel Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Clean Harbors, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Safety-Kleen Elgin, IL is looking for a Diesel Maintenance
Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be
responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company
vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, overtime opportunities and weekly pay
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on
company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed;
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and
adjust new or repaired parts;
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches,
electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling
systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of
yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches,
grinders, and various hand and power tools;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by
management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- 1+ years mechanic experience with heavy-duty trucks and
- Previous welding experience is an asset (fabricating shields,
- Must have own tools;
- Valid driver's license, clean MVR required;
- Experience operating heavy equipment is an asset.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with
Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment
to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our
entire business model revolves around keeping North American
businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual
revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and
market leader in industrial hazardous waste management,
parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200
million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest
re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more
than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management
needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES.
PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our
company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit
us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis
of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military &
Veteran friendly company.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Inc., Elgin , Diesel Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!