Corps Program Assistant/St. Charles, IL
Company: Salvation Army USA
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Corps Program Assistant
LOCATION/DEPT: Tri-City/St. Charles Corps
REPORTS TO: Corps Officers
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Full-Time
To assist in accomplishing the mission of The Salvation Army to
save the lost, serve suffering humanity and make disciples for
Jesus, by providing leadership to community and Corps programming,
developing partnerships with community agencies and contacts,
representing the Army at community events, and developing
comprehensive expertise and leadership skills in order to build and
maintain corps programming. This person will recognize that The
Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing to
undermine its religious mission.
Participates in corps programming. Represents the Salvation Army
in the community. Responsible for corps program related statistics.
Facilitates corps officers in planning and implementing corps
programs. Develops and supports leadership for corps
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists the Corps Officers to
- Establish programming in the corps utilizing existing Army
programs (e.g., Women's Ministry, Character Building, Men's
Ministry, Community Care and Bible Study).
- Give leadership for initiating and presenting new program
- Facilitate in establishing and leading focus groups.
- Equip the leaders of all corps programs and activities,
including the direct supervision of after school and summer day
- Serve as a resource person for all group leaders, providing
support and encouragement and ensuring training opportunities.
- Be a liaison between program group leaders and Advisory Board
and will attend monthly meetings.
- Assist leaders in scheduling and promoting upcoming events and
programs to corps members and the public through various methods,
including social media, posters, marquee signs and personal
invitations or other methods as instructed by corps officers.
- Recruit and develop leaders for corps programs, arranging
training events as required.
- Arrange with Corps Officers special corps events and outreach
events (e.g., corps retreat, vacation bible school, fall fest,
- Plan after school schedule of activities, including field trips
- Act as lead counselor for after school program and summer day
- All other duties as assigned.
- Keep detailed records of group members and statistics.
- Collect and record payments for after school program/summer day
camp as well as dues for any other corps programs.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise after school program and summer
- Create and provide informational materials and support.
- Analyze statistical reports and develops strategic plans to
- Manage the budget and coordinating with the officers regarding
budget needs for programs.
- Plan, develop and distribute a regular newsletter via email,
Facebook and/or mail promoting awareness, information, and
involvement in corps programs.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the
outcomes of this position are achieved as evidenced by adult corps
programming, youth programming (including but not limited to
afterschool program) and outreach events. Timeliness and accuracy
of accomplishing assigned goals will be reviewed monthly. An
evaluation of how effectively this individual performs their
responsibilities will be given by the corps officers in writing
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in programming for The
Salvation Army or a religious institution.
- Valid driver's license and MVR clearance.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in virtual platforms and use of social media.
- Salvation Army soldier preferred, but not required. Sunday
church attendance preferred, required if a soldier.
- Agrees to understanding and investment in the Salvation Army
doctrines and mission statement.
- Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal
- Uses diplomacy and good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a
- An attention to detail, procedures, processes, and
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible considering
changing job positions/priorities.
- An ability to manage projects, priorities, and programs in a
constantly changing environment.
- A communication and management style that exhibits the
principles and values of the Army as well as fosters team
relationships and effectively communicates information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is required to do moderate physical work and must
be able to lift 25 pounds.
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position, the employee is regularly required to use a computer
and other office machines.
- The work environment for this position includes an office with
a low noise level and a community environment with a high noise
- Must be able to drive, walk stairs, and spend a lot of time on
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating
in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with
co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited
to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner;
courteous treatment of staff, clients, and visitors; respect of
others' property and person, professional and appropriate
communication to and about co-workers, supervisors, and
subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating
every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and
without discrimination of any kind.
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Elgin , Corps Program Assistant/St. Charles, IL, Other , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!