Job Title: Processing Material Handler I
Reports to Job Title: Production Supervisor
Fair Labor Standards Act Status (FLSA): Exempt Non-Exempt X
Summary of the Position:
The processing material handler I works on lines primarily
within the processing department, working by roasters, hot and cold
pans, chocolate, Granola and manual mixing. Work performed may be
repetitively dumping product to the line, and lifting and
palletizing work in process (WIP) boxes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs repetitive manual tasks involving lifting and/or
moving of product. (90%)
• Assists other material handlers, machine operators and
supervisors as needed; participates in changeover activities.
• Maintains clean work area by participating in daily cleaning
• Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently
maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing
practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP, SQF, and
• Aware and accountable for maintaining and documenting
preventative controls necessary to ensure food safety and
• Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and
quality issues to management.
• Responsible for partnering with others, sharing knowledge,
skills and information within assigned team and across functional
• Responsible for enhancing technical and functional
competencies, as well as professional and leadership
Does this position have supervisory responsibility? Yes X No
• Must have good manual dexterity and vision.
• Ability to continuously lift and/or move up to 35 pounds,
frequently and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.