Electrical Engineer / PLC Programmer
Company: Weiler Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Weiler Engineering, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Controls
Engineering / PLC Programmer to join our team in Elgin, IL.
Weiler Engineering, Inc., is America's leading provider of aseptic
custom packaging for the pharmaceutical and healthcare applications
since 1959. Weiler Engineering focus is to provide the most
advanced aseptic liquid processing technology through customized
ASEP-TECH - Blow/Fill/Seal machinery and integrated services. Visit
our website at .
The Electrical Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer will program,
test, and maintain large-scale electrical/ electronic equipment and
machinery for use in automated manufacturing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include programming the manufacturing process for electrical
equipment, using PLC programming software to produce and
troubleshoot PLC programs. An understanding of electrical
troubleshooting techniques and common network protocols is
required. Siemens PLC is preferred.
- Review specifications and standard practices inclusive of the
internal hardwire and logic standards, general specifications and
scope of work;
- Review projects including job specifications and resolve any
quote to job specification differences.
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard
designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of
operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch
layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic
and the design of Smart displays;
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Will be responsible for the programming, installation and
technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- System Architecture including non-standard material and control
panel power requirements/distribution.
- Will be responsible for the installation and technical support
of PLC based hardware and software.
- Debugging with no additional support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 5-10 years preferred experience as a Siemens
- Background in a Manufacturing environment and capital equipment
- Demonstrated ability to program motion control systems
- Electrical drawing software familiarity
- Ability to assemble and trouble shoot electro-mechanical
- Pharmaceutical processing knowledge, a plus
- Proficiency in Solid works Electrical, a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PLC (Preferred Siemens) and HMI
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Solid works (electrical a
** No recruiters please**
Sponsorships not available
Keywords: Weiler Engineering, Inc., Elgin , Electrical Engineer / PLC Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!