Sr Oracle Database Administrator
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.US Remote Eligible
What the Data Systems Engineering Team Does...
The Technology Data Systems Engineering team is responsible for
maintaining the currency, capacity, and security of the data
platforms. The team is also responsible for maintaining the tools
necessary to support the data platforms.
What You'll Do---
Responsibilities for this position include the design and
automation of software updates, security patching, performance
analysis, monitoring and alerting, and the overall health of the
platform. The team supports several database and streaming
technologies including Oracle, MS SQL, Mongo, SQL MI, Qlik,
Databricks, and Kafka. We are looking for DBA skillsets with
automation skills and an innovative mindset with a primary focus on
Oracle but will require knowledge in (some) other technologies
- Provides technical leadership, design, advice, and mentoring to
DBAs, application developers, project leaders, and business
- Research emerging database technologies and trends to
understand the future direction of database technology.
- Ensures compliance with audit, security, and regulatory
- Provide DBA support for complex software installation and
maintenance, including major upgrades.
- Proficient in evaluating and recommending software and hardware
solutions, gathering opinions, and reaching consensus from a wide
audience of stakeholders.
- Understanding of and commitment to protecting the integrity,
security, and privacy of the firm's critical business data.
- Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
- Provides after-hours and weekend support and participates in
on-call rotation (24X7).What You'll Need---
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, or Computer
Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience/subject matter expert on one
or more of the following database management systems: Oracle, MS
SQL, Mongo, SQL MI, Qlik, Databricks, and Kafka
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with more than one of the
following: Linux, the current release of Oracle, PL/SQL, ASM, SQL
tuning, replication, data modeling, and development life cycle
- Experience in the creation of documentation and implementation
- Experience using automation tools/languages such as ansible
tower, python, PowerShell java, terraform
- Openness to continuous learning is a must.
- Knowledge of software packaging and deployment processes is a
- Knowledge of DBaaS and cloud technologies (Azure) is a
- Knowledge of DevOps for Database a plus (GIT, CICD Pipelines,
Liquibase, Cloud bees, etc.).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Ability to make or review decisions on problems with high
visibility, and high risk to the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to explain complex technical issues in business
- Excellent relationship management, organizational,
communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Champion's innovations and Champions Change
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual
- Provide feedback on peers to the leaders
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Sr Oracle Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!