Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Dude Solutions Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Manager of Software Engineering role is a "hands-on"
position that will allow the successful candidate to exercise their
software engineering skills while also directly managing small
teams. The successful candidate will provide strong technical
leadership, vision, management, and mentoring for multiple onshore
and offshore software engineering teams. This is a great
opportunity for a leader to bring their technical background,
business acumen, and architectural philosophies to the forefront of
the day to day management of our projects and sprints. As a leader
of Software Engineering, you are a driving force behind the
delivery of multiple business objectives that leverage and extend
our technical platforms. What you'll be doing
- Design and develop engineering solutions to delight our
- Coordinate and direct project execution, making detailed plans
to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professional
engineers to ensure that engineering objectives are completed
on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
- Create career development programs for the team and develop
short-term plans to ensure skills and performance of employees meet
current and future needs.
- Maintain and communicate all related metrics and scorecard
- Ensure development efforts meet corporate quality objectives
and launch targets.
- Identify strategic opportunities and potential threats
associated with emerging technologies and execute development plans
that ensure our products remain best-of-breed.
- Champion development best practices within the organization
including but not limited to: design, architecture, re-use,
performance, and quality.
- Assist product management by providing technical insight and
judgment of feature/schedule/cost tradeoffs.
- Ensure that product architecture and technology decisions
support business area strategies and future direction of product
- Prioritize and manage resource allocations based on changing
business priorities, direction and budget.
- Ensure product delivery and software creation is metrics
driven, using evidence and experimentation to produce better
results for our clients.
- Ensure SLDC is continually refined to take advantage of rapid
improvements in the industry. What you need
- Outstanding software engineering and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline; or
equivalent additional work experience
- Design patterns and practices, data structures and algorithms,
object-oriented programming, databases, SQL, web programming, SOLID
principles, cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in agile implemented at scale across multiple
- 5+ years' web development, JS frameworks, UI/UX
- DevOps mindset - 5+ years' experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC
environment, implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring,
performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge
- 3+ years' experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum,
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing
skills required. Ability to communicate with and present to
engineers, senior management & relevant stakeholders
- Led multiple teams in a global delivery, agile, CI/CD,
- Experience in SaaS and/or service-oriented architecture
- Must be able to mentor project leads on development best
practices and processes.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and
timeliness in decision making.
- Must be able to clearly communicate project status, results,
unresolved issues and other key concerns in a proactive and timely
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and
- Must demonstrate strong professionalism and react well under
pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Must be capable of gaining support for initiatives and projects
through influence and use of business rationale.
- 8+ years of experience in the software industry, experience
managing technical teams.
- Experience leading small to mid-sized organizations. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Dude Solutions Inc, Elgin , Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!