2nd Shift Assembler - $16.25/hr
Company: Werner Co
Posted on: July 30, 2022
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CRYSTAL LAKE, IL
ABOUT WERNERCO - KNAACK
WernerCo is recognized as a world leader in the manufacturing and
distribution of consumer and professional climbing products and
storage equipment suitable anywhere from the home to the most
demanding jobsites. We deliver a broad range of solutions to our
customers around the world, serving professional industries and end
With product lines boasting a long history of quality and
reliability coupled with a talented workforce of approximately
3,000 employees in over 12 countries, creating value for our
customers and meeting the highest expectations of safety in the
industry is part of our culture.
Our people are passionate, driven, and entrepreneurial and they
represent some of the best technical, commercial and manufacturing
talent in the industry. This drive allows us to collaborate with
our customers to make products that provide safety, productivity,
durability, and protection. The power of our Company is that we
combine this knowledge with our technical expertise and,
ultimately, create value through innovation and technology. Our
strengths in product research and development is why we continue to
set the standards for the industry.
Visit OUR WEBSITE (https://www.wernerco.com/us)
The Assembler will assemble manufactured products and inspect them
according to specifications.
None. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with Supervisor and Team Leader to produce the required
* Keep the area in a clean, neat, and orderly manner daily (pick up
cardboard, paper, strapping, tools, etc.).
* Know and follow all safety rules and policies outlined in the
* Know all component parts of product being assembled related to
work area as well as cartooning and product identification.
* Report and deliver any broken or malfunctioning equipment to
maintenance and return tools to the proper place.
* Record and report any rework or scrap generated daily.
* Operate any equipment rated to use in a safe and efficient
* Monitor inventory of buyout and in-house material related to the
work area and advice Material Handler if quantities are low (not
* Sets personal goals and objectives with Supervisor and continues
to look for ways to improve quality and productivity.
* Has the responsibility to inspect products before and during
assembly to ensure the highest quality standards and to perform
work in accordance with the high-quality standards of Knaack
* Performs such other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
* Detail-oriented and consistent.
* Works well as a productive member of a team.
* Basic ability in mathematics, reading, or writing.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
* Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products as
$16.25 an hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
ABILITY TO COMMUTE
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Keywords: Werner Co, Elgin , 2nd Shift Assembler - $16.25/hr, Human Resources , Cary, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!