Human Resources Generalist - Hybrid, St. Charles, IL
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 25, 2022
REACH KIDS - EQUIP LEADERS - CHANGE THE WORLDLearn more visit
www.Awana.orgHybrid opportunity based in our St. Charles, IL office
and work from home 2-3 days per weekAt Awana, we believe true
change happens in the communities when children and youth are
transformed by the gospel and engaged in Biblical discipleship in
the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to
know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is
why, for 70+ years, Awana has been working with leaders in local
churches in the US and around the world, providing solutions that
equip these women and men to make disciples in children and
youth.Today, God is using Awana to reach over 4.7 million kids in
129 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders
in 62,000 clubs/churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in
global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
In our hybrid work environment the Human Resources Generalist works
to advance the ministry of Awana by carrying-out a variety of Human
Resources activities and disciplines related to the employment
life-cycle, including sourcing, onboarding, offboarding, employee
engagement, employee relations, total rewards, all in a multi-state
environment. By combining Human Resources best practices with
biblical principles, this position is on the front lines of
attracting and engaging our most valuable resource, our team
- Implements talent acquisition, onboarding and offboarding
processes and strategies.
- Evaluates position descriptions and recommends compensation in
comparison to Awana benchmarks and market data.
- Works in collaboration with the leadership team on planning
team building activities, outings, and engagement opportunities on
a regular basis.
- Works to support unity and team building across the
organization and cross-functional departments through dialogue,
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other Human
Resources team members to support and serve Awana staff.
- Cross-trains and serves as back-up and alternative resource to
Human Resources team functions such as benefits, payroll, HRIS,
compliance, employee relations, and training.
- Participates in creating, writing, and administering Human
Resources policies and procedures.
- Stays current on federal, state and local employment law and
regulations, as well as best practices, related to
- Utilizes technology to maintain employment information.
- Evaluates, identifies, recommends, and implements ongoing
improvements in areas of accountability and HRIS technology support
systems to ensure good stewardship of time and resources.
- Supports, upholds and demonstrates the Awana cultural values in
internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) desired with a concentration in
Human Resources, Organizational Development, business or similar
from an accredited college or university.
- PHR, CP-SHRM, CEBS HCI and/or other professional Human
Resources certifications desired.
- Knowledge of what is trending in Human Resources.
- Experience in a ministry and/or Human Resources environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills including
strong Word and Excel skills; experience with HRIS system(s), ADP
Workforce Now strongly preferred.
- General understanding of the Bible and the Christian church in
its various expressions preferred.
- Working knowledge of children's inspirational or ministry space
including demonstrated Awana program/product familiarity a
- Passionate to see ministry growth and can participate
independently and/or as part of a team towards annual goals.
- Discerning with ability to exercise discretion, discernment,
and to confidentially handle information, records and issues.
- Proven ability to align with strategic goals, manage competing
priorities, balance ministry and business needs, and deliver timely
- Ability to portray a patient, caring spirit and demonstrate
high EQ (Emotional Quotient/Intelligence) including proven
relationship-building, collaboration, active listening and ability
to pivot with organizational change.
- Must be resourceful, creative, detail oriented, thorough, and
able to navigate detailed processes while caring for employee
- Clear communicator and able to communicate clearly, logically,
and persuasively both verbally and in writing; ability to prepare
clear, concise, and comprehensive reports, correspondence and
documents. Comfortable making presentations to small groups.
- Proven ability to utilize/maximize technology and data
- Able to engage in and professionally advocate for excellent
employee experiences while balancing ministry needs.
- Values quality, accuracy, and collaboration; committed to
excellence, follow through, and is a life-long learner.Spiritual
LifeMust be a born-again Christian. Must have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Must be in
agreement with the Awana Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship
with the body of Christ through a local church. Regularly engages
in reading the Holy Bible as a guide and standard for living.
Our Benefits for Regular Team members:
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision (BCBS PPO)
- HSA (employer contribution available)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Short/Long-term Disability
- Generous PTO policy
- Life Insurance
- Great people - great culture - extraordinary mission!
Keywords: Awana, Elgin , Human Resources Generalist - Hybrid, St. Charles, IL, Human Resources , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!