Housekeeping Technician - Environmental Services, Part-time, Rotating
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The EVS Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC,
adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
- Cleans and maintains patient rooms, offices, public areas,
treatment rooms, and other assigned areas daily, including
collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens, and sanitizing
- Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation and
contact precautions as necessary.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as
necessary or designated.
- Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and
stores in appropriate storage area.
- Promotes safety in the workplace.
- Uses wet floor signs, PPE, not leaving housekeeping cart or
- Uses chemicals and equipment in an effective and safe
- Uses appropriate chemicals, diluted at the correct ratio, in
properly labeled containers.
- Notifies supervisor of equipment needing repairs.
- Reports all safety hazards to manager.
- Communicates to supervisor any issues, including inability to
complete schedule and is proactive in dealing with observed
deficiencies (reports issues/work requests to supervisor/manager or
Call Center, picks up debris outside of regular work area).
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with
hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient
- Exhibits the ability to articulate designed scripting model to
each customer we serve.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and
assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work
processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies
appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with
finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or
service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions
and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school
diploma/GED, must have a minimum of one year of environmental
services, housekeeping, janitorial or related experience.
- Must exhibit the ability to follow oral and written
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors
- Must be able to use the proper tracking and communication tools
utilized by department.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Three years of environmental services experience in a
healthcare or hospitality environment.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, Elgin , Housekeeping Technician - Environmental Services, Part-time, Rotating, Hospitality & Tourism , Huntley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!