Machine Operator - Cartons Operator
Company: Pactiv Evergreen
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Pactiv Evergreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates
are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and
background check at the time of offer.
THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Machine Operator - HIRING IMMEDIATELY - St. Charles, IL
$3,500 Sign-on Bonus
Machine Operator available shifts: 11PM to 7AM$19.32/hr
- Starting rate up to $19.32 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus of $3,500
- Eligible for annual & skill-based wage increases
- Add EXTRA money to your paycheck by referring friends and
- Eligible for monthly bonus based upon plant productivity*
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
- Prescription drug coverage
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day
one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds
- New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending
- Livongo diabetes program
- Corporate discountsResponsibilities:
HIRING IMMEDIATELY Text to apply PTVE @ 97211
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by
employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the
- Consistently operates zone of forming machines at or above
standard levels considering waste, efficiency and utilization.
- Troubleshoot more complex causes of machine malfunctions.
Assist B Operators in trouble shooting complex problems on their
- Make appropriate adjustments or repairs to ensure that the
quality of the cartons meets specifications and that the machines
- Provide training for new operators.
- Assists in developing innovative solutions to match machine
tooling and other mechanisms to product design.
- Conducts quality checks at regular intervals.
- Takes corrective action to fix defects identified.
- Performs minor repairs during production.
- Performs complex make readies and changeovers.
- Performs daily and weekly machine maintenance.
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following
shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines
throughout the department.
- Communicates with supervisor to determine priorities for the
day and identify any change overs or other special directions
related to the department.
- Communicates production information to crew members.
- Performs purge procedures when changing to a new product and
completes the required checklists.
- Covers breaks for feeders and catcher/packers in zone.
- Covers for Carton Lead person in his absence.
- Insures that corrugated, bags and other supplies are available
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for
crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
- Reads and understands job jackets. Uses information to ensure
machine is set up and production is run according to
- Completes quality paperwork and hour by hour leader standard
- Follows LOTO and alternative LOTO procedures.
- May be required to change and label waste drums.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of
the operation as assigned by supervision.
Qualifications:Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
St. Charles is a city in DuPage and Kane counties in the state of
Illinois. It lies roughly 40 miles west of Chicago on Illinois
Route 64. As of the 2010 census the population was 32,974, and as
of 2019 the population had decreased to an estimated 32,887.
The plant was built in 1969, manufactures Paper Cartons and Cups,
and has approximately 200 employees. It is proud to have received
the Environmental Excellence Award for 6 years in a row.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression,
marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses
protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like
to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws.
#IND1P #CB1Pactiv Evergreen employees are subject to post-hire drug
and alcohol testing in accordance with company policies
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen, Elgin , Machine Operator - Cartons Operator, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!