Registry Cardiac Cath RN - Elgin - $65/HOUR
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Requisition ID: 55172
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Registry Cardiac Catheterization Registered Nurse (RN) - SRC is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/equipment and other health care team members. The Registered Nurse has the knowledge and abilities necessary to provide appropriate care specific to the age of the patients served on his/her service as defined in the department's scope of care. This RN functions in the Catheterization Lab, Interventional Radiology (IR), and Cardiac Diagnostic procedures and is cross-trained in Electrophysiology (EP) procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Admits, recovers, and discharges patients from the Cardiac Cath/IR/EP Laboratories. Provides follow-up.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other health team members as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Performs a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassesses as per policy including adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate from a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited school of nursing. Associate's Degree Nursing, Bachelor of Science Nursing, or Master of Science Nursing required. Minimum one year experience in Cardiac Catheterization Lab, IR Lab, EP Lab, etc. required. Previous ICU experience preferred. Proficiency in interpreting EKG and hemodynamic pressure tracings required.
*****1 year of Cath Lab Experience Required*****
*****Must be able to take call*****
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Previous experience in EPIC or Meditech preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and CPR certification.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
Department Name: HR Central Registry-FV
Job Segment: Geriatric, Nursing, Medical, Cardiac, EMR, Healthcare
Keywords: Presence Health, Elgin , Registry Cardiac Cath RN - Elgin - $65/HOUR, Healthcare , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!