Loss Control Consultant - RN, PT or OT
Company: West Bend Mutual Insurance Co.
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Argent, a division of West Bend Mutual Insurance is seeking a registered nurse, physical therapist, or occupational therapist interested in using their degree and knowledge in a non-traditional role. As a member of the Argent Loss Control team, your talents will be directed toward injury prevention, task assessment, and ergonomic evaluation. Workers compensation and/or other insurance experience is not required. This position supports the Loss Control Department initiatives by meeting with clients to identify and evaluate exposures, hazards, and stressors associated with development of cumulative trauma disorders and acute injuries. You will help analyze operations, processes, and organizational structure of complex, multi-location businesses for potential risk of accident and/or injury and suggest alternatives to improve worker safety. The majority of the client base will be various medical and/or social service business. Additional operations you may be working with include manufacturing, trucking, schools, and construction. The right candidate will work out of his/her home. Summary of Responsibilities The responsibilities will include:
- Conducting onsite calls for the purpose of providing service to existing accounts.
- Conducting evaluations of exposures, hazards controls, and analyzing experience for prospective work comp accounts in excess of $100,000.
- Using loss related information to develop service plans, recommendations and reports to reduce losses while developing/strengthening management/administrative controls or physical conditions.
- Investigating risk exposures/accidents.
- Analyzing risk experience and developing account loss reduction procedures.
- Working with identified loss drivers and working towards controlling and containing associated costs. In addition, you will meet with prospective accounts to assist with quoting of new business, which includes analyzing loss related information/identifying loss drivers, development/delivery of recommendations to reduce losses, and prepare a written risk management report for underwriting. Additional responsibilities will include working with agents to foster and develop relationships and to secure new business. Conduct training presentations to supervisory, managerial, and/or executive employees of business clients and to large groups or associations. Effectively manage a service territory requiring some overnight travel while routinely working with the account base. Preferred Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, PT or OT, or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong Interpersonal, presentation, marketing, and oral/written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Active listening and the ability to actively ask questions
- Good persuasion and decision-making skills are essential
- Valid driver's license
Keywords: West Bend Mutual Insurance Co., Elgin , Loss Control Consultant - RN, PT or OT, Healthcare , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!