Public Health Nurse #013 - Public Health
Company: County of McHenry
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Public Health Nurse #013Public Health Nurse opening in our
Communicable Disease program
Public Health Nurse functions as a team member in the Communicable
Disease program exercising critical nursing judgment, ensuring the
provision of quality nursing care and providing health education in
accordance with best nursing practices.
* Conducts surveillance and investigation of reportable diseases
based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention standards and
Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines and rules and
* Assists Health Department Investigation Team in foodborne and
other disease outbreak investigations
* Provides screenings and treatment, under standing orders, for
* Participates in clinical services: HIV counseling and testing,
STI screening, testing and treatment, providing pediatric and adult
immunizations, administering injections and drawing blood
* Evaluates immunization records to determine and administer
appropriate vaccines to children and adults
* Responsible for education and screening to community members and
high risk groups
* Proficient in using electronic data systems, enters data, gather
* Position requires travel to offsite clinics and community events
37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Also requires some
evening and weekend clinic hours
* An Illinois license as a Registered Nurse by examination; or an
Illinois license by endorsement within six months of the initial
date of employment; and
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN); and/or
* An Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN); or Nursing Diploma from an
accredited School of Nursing by the Illinois Department of
Registration and Education.
* One or more years' experience in delivering patient care and/or
public health desirable.
Proof of being fully vaccinated or have either one dose of a
two-dose COVID vaccination series (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose
of the Johnson & Johnson series prior to start date. For those with
only one dose of a two-dose series, potential employees must
receive the second dose within 30 days of starting employment.
Failure to complete the series is automatic termination. In
addition, proof of all vaccines are mandatory for employment with
the Health Dept., including the Flu vaccine.
What awesome benefits do we offer?
* No cost health insurance for single coverage
* 3 Medical plans to choose from
* Health savings account with company incentive ($1,250 for single
coverage) ($2,500.00 for family coverage) paid quarterly
* Dental insurance
* 2 Vision plans
* Accident insurance
* Life insurance with the option to buy additional coverage for
* Comprehensive wellness program
* $250 insurance waiver if health ins is waived (paid
* 2 pension plans (IMRF) with company contribution, deferred comp
* Tuition reimbursement program (eligible after probationary period
* Generous PTO
* 13 paid Holidays
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion
of a background screening.
What are you waiting for? Click that button and apply so we can set
up an interview with you!
McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant for
employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race,
color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, Veteran
status or disability.
Keywords: County of McHenry, Elgin , Public Health Nurse #013 - Public Health, Healthcare , Woodstock, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!